Tuesday, March 10, 2009

cold day

Our early spring has given way to a couple inches of snow. I was not prepared for the weather change and am still denying it and pretending that it is bright and sunny outside. So being locked back in my studio without a window, this illusion can work.

Gave up working digital for a while last night and broke out the india ink and crow quill pen. It was extremely satisfying to watch the ink flow across the paper, sometimes unpredictably. I love digital illustration and all that it affords, but I have missed the natural quality of just going for it. No saving multiple versions, just committing to where you want to place the line and letting what will flow, flow.

I think the pen and ink is something that I will have to get back to on a regular basis.

No comments: