Monday, August 17, 2009

a little thing

I spent the majority of today in the doctors office having my finger worked on. In fact, typing is very challenging at the moment.

So, as to what happened. Yesterday I was working in the garden, just pulling some weeds, nothing exciting. I notice that my right index finger is a little sore, obviously I have gotten a thorn form a weed in it. I take a look, think the thorn is out and move on.

Two-thirty AM this morning. I am woken by my finger throbbing, really red, swollen and pretty hot. Not good. Wait until after eight AM so I don't have to pay an emergency room visit. By this time, I can't even bend my finger. Appointment made, much sitting and being transfered around from one place to another. Blood pressure checked, its slightly high - shocking. X-rays taken, then finally two really painful shots to numb the nerves and the doctor was able to make a tiny incision and remove a very small thorn that was working it's way deeper into my finger.

So now I have ten days of antibiotics, still a very swollen finger, and the numbness is going away so it throbs a bit. All in all for a person who hates doing anything medical, I think I should be commended for not having to be told by my loving wife to make the appointment, did it myself and did not wait until they had to remove my finger.

1 comment:

thecurryseven said...

Yuck! I'm glad you went to the doctor. Lindley ended up having to have surgery and therapy for a finger that got infected a year or two ago.

e